Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana Full Details.
Rising medical costs are a major concern especially for poor people in India. People who are economically disadvantaged frequently get caught in a debt loop when their families suffer a medical emergency. Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is a health care initiative initiated by the Gujarat government to support poor families in the big adversities they face. Mukhyamantri Amrutam “MA” Yojana is a tertiary care scheme for the population of Below Poverty Line (BPL) in Gujarat. All recipients may use cashless quality medical and surgical treatment for catastrophic diseases related to cardiovascular diseases, Renal diseases, Neurological diseases, Burns, Poly-Trauma, Cancer (Malignancies), Neonatal (Newborn), Knee & Hip Replacement diseases. Joint replacement (with a limit of Rs. 40,000 per hip/knee replacement) & kidney, liver, kidney + pancreatic transplant (benefit up to Rs. 5,00,000) covering 698 specified procedures along with their follow-ups The guaranteed amount is up to Rs. 3,00,000/- per family per year on a family float basis.
Eligibility for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
The following eligibility criteria must be met in order to get benefits under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- The total annual income of the beneficiary must be less than Rs.2.5 lakh.
- It is a must to have an income certificate before subscribing to this scheme.
- This cover can be taken for self, spouse, and three dependent children.
List of other beneficiaries in the system included:
Apart from households below the poverty line and low-income individuals, the program had a few of beneficiaries. Here are the latest Scheme Additions:
- U-win cardholders were also allowed to take advantage of the benefits under the scheme during 2016.
- Fixed pay state government employees of Class 3 and Class 4, reporters, and rural as well as urban Social Health Certified Activists (ASHAs) were added as beneficiaries in FY 2017-18.
- Also included are senior citizens whose income for the families is below Rs.6 lakh.
Mukhyamantri features Amrutum Yojana
This scheme provides a florally insured amount of Rs.3 lakh
Beneficiaries do not bear any expenses because this is a government-funded scheme of 100 percent.
A Fast Reply Coded Card (QR Coded Card) is issued to families benefiting from coverage under this scheme.
- Complete cashless coverage can be obtained under this scheme as the government bears all costs including treatment expenses, follow-up consultation, medicines, and transportation, etc.
- The claim is settled on a paperless basis to make the claim settlement faster.
- Civic Centre kiosks and Taluka kiosks have been set up for the beneficiaries so that they can enroll themselves or make any additions or deletions under the scheme.
- Mega health camps and General Health camps are set up by public and private empaneled hospitals.
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
|Benefits||Extent of coverage|
|Medical expenses||Up to Rs.3 lakh on a family floater basis|
|Transportation charges||Rs.300 for every instance of hospitalization|
|Transportation allowance following the death of the patient||Rs.6 per km|
|Kidney Transplant||Rs.5 lakh|
|Liver Transplant||Rs.5 lakh|
|Kidney + Pancreas Transplant||Rs.5 lakh|
|Knee and hip replacement||Rs.40,000|
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana comes with a cashless process for all the hospitalization expenses involved. Once a diagnosis is made, the hospital on the network will seek prior treatment authorization. The beneficiary must provide the identity card issued at the time this cover is subscribed. After approval is obtained the hospital will proceed with the treatment.
The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana winning awards
The awards won by the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana designed by the government of Gujarat are:
- “Gems of Digital” India Award
- CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2013-14
- Best Affordable Healthcare Initiative in the Healthcare summit 2016 at Jaipur
- SKOCH Awards for Smart Governance 2014
- “Best Accessible Healthcare Initiative” by ELETS
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana network hospital list
This unique health insurance scheme will provide financial assistance to all those people who could not afford to receive treatments. Such individuals do not let their illnesses get worse thanks to the Gujarat government’s Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana.
I hope you enjoyed that article. We provide similar information every day via our UniversalGujarat.in website. So you can also follow our website and do not forget to like and share this article if you liked it.