How to Apply for Aadhaar PVC Card Online Download, Fees, and Status
The Aadhaar Card can now be reprinted as a Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) card, which can be carried easily like an ATM or a debit card. This is permitted by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This Aadhaar PVC Card is reasonably strong, has decent printing and lamination, is portable, and can be easily validated offline using a QR Code. Continue reading to learn more about PVC Aadhar cards.
Features of Aadhaar PVC Card
PVC Aadhar Card is backed up by the latest security features. You can see them in the Aadhaar PVC card image as well. These details are mentioned below:
- Issue Date
- Embossed Aadhaar Logo
- Ghost Image
- Micro Text
- Print Date
- Secure QR Code
- Guilloche Pattern
How to Order Aadhaar PVC Card Online
Step 1: On the website of “UIDAI” click on Order Aadhaar PVC Card in the My Aadhaar section
Step 2: If your mobile number is registered with UIDAI, log in to myAadhaar using your Aadhaar Number and OTP sent to your registered mobile number. In case your mobile number is not registered with UIDAI, you can request for PVC Aadhar card using a non-registered/alternate mobile number.
Step 3: Verify your demographic details such as name, date of birth, gender, and address displayed on the screen, and click on the submit button
Step 4: Confirm your request and make the payment of Rs. 50 using any of the payment methods
Step 5: Once the payment is received, an acknowledgment is displayed containing your SRN (Service Request Number). You can download the acknowledgment slip as well for future reference.
PVC Aadhaar Card Fees
The fees to obtain the all-new PVC Aadhar Card are as low as Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST and Speed Post charges). There is no other facility to print an Aadhaar PVC card.
Things to Know about Aadhaar PVC Card
- Aadhaar Card, Aadhaar Letter, Aadhar PVC card, e-Aadhaar, m-Aadhaar, and the masked e-Aadhaar are considered to be equally valid forms of Aadhaar
- You can choose any form of Aadhaar as per your own convenience and all the forms of Aadhaar Card must be accepted as proof of identity with due validation without giving any preference to one form of Aadhaar over the other
- The option of Aadhaar Preview is only available if you have a registered mobile number and not for a non-registered mobile number
- As per the official website of UIDAI, once the request is raised, the UIDAI will hand over the card to the post office within 5 working days (excluding the date of request) and the PVC card will be delivered using Speed Post services
- The Aadhaar PVC card will be sent to the address mentioned in your Aadhaar card
- SRN in the acknowledgment slip can be used to check the status of PVC Aadhaar card delivery.
- You can apply for an Aadhaar PVC card online from UIDAI’s portal only.